What exactly is endometriosis?
Endometriosis, pronounced end-o-me-tree-oh-sis (or simply just endo), is a modern, chronic condition where cells comparable to those who line the womb (the endometrium) are observed in other areas of the body. It most often happens into the pelvis and that can impact a lady’s reproductive organs.
Studies claim that endometriosis impacts 1 in 10 females of reproductive age, having a believed 176 million ladies global obtaining the condition.
The endometrial cells:
- are observed on organs within the pelvis
- may begin to cultivate and form spots or nodules on pelvic organs or from the peritoneum (the within lining associated with the abdomen and pelvis; see image)
- have actually the exact same cyclical/menstrual changes beyond your womb as within the womb
- may bleed during the exact same time as your duration (menstruation).
Endometrial cells discovered outside of the womb grow to make lesions or patches that bleed and leak fluid in reaction to your hormones during the time of the time scale. This results in scarring and inflammation. These patches discovered beyond your womb cannot pass out of your human body and stay in your cavity that is pelvic organs as well as other areas. On your own ovaries, cysts called endometriomas can form as time passes. They are often called ‘chocolate cysts’ due to the material that is darkish have. The patches can form nodules on other surfaces.
What can cause endometriosis?
We do not truly know what is causing endometriosis, and possible associations or facets may be not the same as girl to girl. Facets which have a task in causing endometriosis include:
- Genealogy and family history: ادامه مطلب