- My paper avo >I and now we.
- I have tried personally the voice that is active feasible.
- We have defined terms that are specialized could be unfamiliar to visitors.
- I have tried personally clear, simple language whenever feasible and avoided jargon that is unnecessary.
- My paper states my standpoint employing a balanced tone—neither too indecisive nor too powerful.
along with checking the points noted on Checklist 12.3, review your paper to ensure your language is accurate, conveys no unintended connotations, and it is without any biases. Here are a few regarding the true points to test for:
- Vague or imprecise terms
- Repetition of the identical phrases (“Smith states…, Jones states…”) to introduce quoted and paraphrased product (For a complete range of strong verbs to make use of with in-text citations, see Chapter 13 “APA and MLA Documentation and Formatting”.)
- Exclusive usage of masculine pronouns or embarrassing usage of he or she
- Utilization of language with negative connotations, such as for instance haughty or > that is r
Making use of plural nouns and pronouns or recasting a phrase will allow you to maintain your language sex neutral while avoiding awkwardness. ادامه مطلب